This Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake is for all of the dreamers out there. They said we couldn’t have our PB & J AND cheesecake, too, but we’ll show them.
This is probably my favorite vegan cheesecake to date, y’all. So if you are a peanut butter and jelly lover like myself, I hope you enjoy! The jelly is actually a homemade chia seed jam, which is best to make the night before.
Peanut Butter and Raspberry Jelly Cheesecake:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs. maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water, if needed
- 2 cups gluten-free oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups soaked cashews (about 3-4 hours in warm filtered water)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- To make the chia jam, place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you need more liquid for the ingredients to fully combine, add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Place in a glass jar in the refrigerator to allow the chia seeds to expand, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In a food processor, pulse together oatmeal, dates, almond butter and cinnamon until a “dough” is formed, the ingredients should be well blended together
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish or line it with parchment paper and press the crust into the dish.
- Wipe out the food processor to get rid of extra crumbs (no need to fully clean) and place the “cheesecake” ingredients in the food processor.
- Put filling ingredients into the food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. If it is too chunky slowly pour in additional coconut milk until it has a creamy texture.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread evenly.
- Take our your chia seed jam and scoop out with a spoon 4 dollops evenly on the cheesecake. Then take a knife and swirl it around.
8.Place in the freezer for a few hours to harden. It can then be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, or in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Health Coach Jenna