Seed cycling is one of the simplest and most effective holistic remedies for balancing hormones.
This ancient technique helps restore the balance of the sex hormones estrogen and progesterone by rotating certain seeds into your diet during the two different phases of your menstrual cycle (follicular and luteal phase).
The lignans in the seed hulls bind to your excess hormones, and the seed oils contain essential fatty acids that are building blocks to hormones.
So you’re essentially getting two for one in benefits!
I’ve created this Seed Cycling Pudding because not only is it the perfect meal for creating healthy hormones as it’s full of healthy fats, fiber, magnesium, and protein, but it also is a way to incorporate seed cycling into your diet.
Seed Cycling Pudding
(Serving Size 4)
- 1 BPA free can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 8 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 packets Sweet Leaf stevia
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (this depends on where you are in your cycle)
- Mix ingredients into bowl
- Pour evenly in 4 mason jars
- Put in fridge overnight
- When ready to eat top with pumpkin seeds (when in follicular phase/ first 14 days of cycle) or sunflower seeds (luteal phase/last 14 days)
- Optional toppings, berries, Lily’s chocolate chips, and/or almond butter. Sometimes I do all three! YUM!