Lemon bars were my favorite. That is until I decided to take it up a notch and add my favorite chia raspberry jam to the equation!
These bars are the perfect balance between creamy and tangy, and make for a great afternoon snack or after dinner dessert. Or, you could just eat them for breakfast if you can’t wait!
Lemon Raspberry Swirl Bars:
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups dessicated unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups cashews
- 1-2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- Make your chia seed jam
- Soak your cashews in water for 3-4 hours.
- In a food processor, chop the crust ingredients until it makes a dough like consistency
- In a 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper, press the crust into the bottom in an even layer. Make sure to pack the crust tightly or it will fall apart and that would be tragic.
- In a food processor or blender add drained cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, turmeric, maple syrup, and lemon zest. Blend until nice and creamy. Add more coconut milk as needed. Make sure there are no cashew chunks left.
- Pour the lemon mixture onto the crust.
- With a spoon, place around 9 evenly spaced dollops of jam on the mixture.
- Swirl the mixture with a butter knife.
- Place the bars in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Health Coach Jenna