Berry season is here! That means organic berries are now affordable, and no longer require you to take out a second mortgage! Ha!
My favorite sweet treat to make during berry season are my almond thumbprint cookies. They are seriously so good, y’all-a definite crowd pleaser.
This is the jam that I use for the cookies, and I found out that it is quite good on its own as well! I always make extra when making my almond thumbprints, as I use it for porridge topping, gluten-free toast spread, on top of my coconut yogurt, or just to eat by the spoonful. Hey don’t judge! I know I don’t- whatever you decide to do with your jam is your business!
Raspberry Chia Seed Jam:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- honey or maple syrup, to sweeten if desired
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water, if needed
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you need more liquid for the ingredients to fully combine, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Place in a glass jar in the refrigerator to allow the chia seeds to expand, at least 1 hour or overnight.
Health Coach Jenna