Berry season is here! And it would be a shame to let all those pretty, organic berries go to waste. One of my all time favorite cookies is the raspberry almond thumbprint. Traditionally, they are made with a sugary raspberry jam, and lots of flour, butter and sugar.
But we aren’t traditional over here, are we?
That’s why I created this gluten-free, refined sugar free raspberry almond thumb print cookie made with chia seed jam.
If you haven’t made chia seed jam yet (seriously what have you been waiting for?!) then you must start now. It is so freaking delicious, and you can put it on juuuust about everything-oats, gluten-free toast, coconut yogurt.
Or just eat it on a spoon with peanut butter.
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Bake time– 10-12 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
Chia Seed Jam:
- 1 cup washed organic raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (to make vegan replace with flax egg or chia seed egg. I have not personally tried this, but it should work!)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make chia seed jam, place all jam ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Place in glass or BPA-free plastic jar and put in fridge overnight or at least for 3 hours.
- For cookies, place oil, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla in bowl and whisk together. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Then slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Chill cookie dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press your thumb into each cookie
- Fill your thumbprint with the raspberry chia seed jam.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly brown on edges.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Health Coach Jenna