Who doesn’t like a cookie cake? Growing up, my favorite birthday cake was the cookie cake. Nowadays, I’m not a big fan of all the refined sugar and gluten that goes in them. But that doesn’t mean the party stops here. Hell no!
Today, I make my own party. With this grain free chocolate chip cookie cake.
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy nut butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chunks or chips (I use Lily’s Sugar free)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Grease a round 9 inch round baking dish well
- Mix together wet ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chunks
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 18-20 minutes
- Will stay good for 5 days or longer in fridge and freezer
*Note– If you would like to make a larger cookie cake, double this recipe and put in a larger pan. I haven’t personally tried doubling it, so I don’t know the exact baking time it would require. I’d put it in for 20-25 and then keep an eye on it every 5 minutes after that. And remember, this cake will still continue to bake after it’s removed from the oven, so under-baking is always the best and safest method.
Health Coach Jenna