My Matcha game is strong, y’all. I used to really enjoy bulletproof coffee in the morning before practice. But now that I don’t drink coffee anymore, I kind of felt left out from the party. Not anymore! This Matcha Bomb is creamy and dreamy.
So what’s matcha you ask?!
Matcha green tea is made from young green tea leaves, and is ground into a fine powder giving it a bright and vibrant green color.
- High in antioxidants
- Promotes concentration due to the L-Theanine. Traditionally, monks drank matcha as a means to relax and meditate while staying alert.
- Increases energy levels and endurance without the side-effects of coffee like nervousness.
- Supports the immune system with its high content of Vitamin A and C.
Personally, I jive better with matcha as it gives me a steady release of caffeine throughout my morning, unlike the intense surge of nervous energy that coffee gives me.
Matcha Bomb Recipe:
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I use coconut milk, but other nut milks work nicely, too)
- 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or Bulletproof High Octane Oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee from grass-fed cows, or unsalted butter from grass-fed cows (KerryGold is a good option)
- Maple syrup to taste (do not use honey because honey should not be heated)
- Put all of your ingredients in a blender and blend until frothy and smooth.
- Pour contents into saucepan and heat over low heat until it comes to a low boil.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Health Coach Jenna