When life gives you lemons, you make lemon bars. It’s just what we do. 🍋🍋🍋.
If you are looking for the ultimate lemon bar recipe, then look no further. I promise you these are the best damn vegan lemon bars you’ll ever taste.
Bold claim I know!
But I’ve been working hard on these guys, and have since made three trial batches before coming up with the perfect recipe. And of course, they are also gluten-free and vegan.
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups dessicated unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- Soak your cashews in water for 3-4 hours.
- In a food processor, chop the crust ingredients until it makes a dough like consistency
- In a 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper, press the crust into the bottom in an even layer. Make sure to pack the crust tightly or it will fall apart and that would be tragic.
- In a food processor or blender add drained cashews, lemon juice, coconut oil, coconut milk, turmeric, maple syrup, and lemon zest. Blend until nice and creamy. Add more coconut milk as needed.
- Pour the lemon mixture onto the crust and let set in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Please email with your recreations! I love to see your photos.
Health Coach Jenna