Peanut butter and jelly is one of the most delicious combinations. It reminds me of being a kid and eating the homemade packed lunches my mom used to make. These days I do not eat bread, so my days of peanut butter and jelly sammiches are of the past.
But that doesn’t mean the party is over! Oh no. If anything, they just got even better.
This smoothie is perfect for breakfast, as it’s loaded with protein, vitamins, and nutrients to start your day off right. It has plenty of healthy fats so it will provide you with plenty of brain fuel, keep your metabolism going, as well and keep your hunger at bay until lunch.
It’s a great post workout smoothie as well!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Smoothie:
- 2 cups non-dairy milk ( I use Koh coconut milk as it seriously has the best consistency and taste out of any non-dairy milk I’ve ever tried)
- a few ice cubes. If you have Candida skip this.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (organic if possible- these are on the dirty dozen list)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (stabilizes your blood sugar levels which prevents weight gain)
- 2 cups greens (spinach, kale, etc. Think dark green y’all.)
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
*Optional- 1 scoop of organic plant-based protein powder ( I use Vega). I like to add this for extra protein, but if you don’t have any yet, no worries-add an extra tablespoon of chia seeds instead!
Blend and enjoy!
Health Coach Jenna