Introducing a healthy chocolate chip cookie dough! I came up with this recipe after trying something called an “Under Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough” at a pub I visited in Scotland. Seeing as I’m a firm believer of “a little bit of what you fancy does you good”, I ordered it for my two friends and I to share- and wow was it flippin’ good. But not something you would want to eat everyday as it was loaded with tons of butter, flour, sugar, etc.
Whenever I try something delicious like this, my mind always starts thinking about how I can make it healthier, and consequently, taste even better. So ladies and gents, here is my healthy version for you to enjoy. They are gluten-free and vegan.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge:
Makes: 10 Squares Freezer Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1.5 cups oats. Ground into flour using a food processor or high speed blender( to make gluten free use certified gluten-free oats)
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Lily’s)
1. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the coconut sugar and non-dairy milk and bring to a low boil. After mixture has come to a low boil, turn the heat down to low and stir in the mashed banana. Turn off heat and mix in the vanilla and salt.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the oat flour and the almond flour. Mix together and add the cinnamon.
3. Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until no flour remains. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Take the dough out of the freezer and add chocolate chips to the dough and mix in.
5. Line an 8-inch square pan with baking paper. Scoop the dough into the pan and spread out evenly with a spoon. It’s tough to spread out but it’s worth it I promise!
6. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Take out, cut into squares, and store in the fridge.
Health Coach Jenna